Wednesday 4 May 2011

'TimeOut' Evaluation


When I finished filming and editing for my film opening, I kept watching it over and over to make sure that everything was in the right place, and that nothing was out of time.
I've enjoyed working on this project, and will be quite sad once it's over, but I have managed with whatever problems have come my way:

Most notably re-filming the Interrogation Scene between myself and Ignatius Santoso; the reasons for this were obvious, as the first and second halves of the scene were filmed two weeks apart, so the lighting look awkward.

I also realised that there was difficulty with finding costume for Iggy & Cory Matthews (The Original Henchman, eventually replaced by Adnan Janjua), who just wore their school uniform, except for blazers and ties, but either way it didn't work, so I eventually re-shot it, with more costume and more detail; I left an overhead light on in the background to make it seem like the scene was set in a rundown factory, while the main lighting was set just over where the dialogue took place.

 
The scene where D.I. Grant (Me) was kidnapped happened to be a rather interesting shot, as I had to play another part as well; the mysterious kidnapper who assaults Grant and drives away with his captive in the back seat of a car. This was rather difficult as there was no one else to act alongside me, but having two parts to play in different costumes was extremely fun.

One thing which seemed like a crucial decision to my work was cutting a scene; another flashback sequence which SHOWED the disppearance of Jimmy Odd-Socks as well as the chase which happened between him and D.I. Grant, ending in a dramatic decision made by Odd-Socks. I cut this because in the end I preferred viewers being left 'in the dark' and wondering what and how the 'suicide' happened...

Overall, 'TimeOut' has been an enjoyable part of the Media Studies Course, and I can't wait for what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment