Tuesday 3 May 2011

Films that have inspired my work/Age Group

For my Film Opening: I have researched three other thrillers so that I gave myself a basic idea of what 'TimeOut' should be like:

First off, I've taken a glance at the 1993 film re-make of the 60s TV Series 'The Fugitive'; starring Harrison Ford & Tommy Lee Jones, showing a wrongly accused Medic (Ford) - who is accused of murdering his own wife - cope while being on the run from a persuing Cop (Jones).


But what really inspired me for an important part of 'TimeOut' was the Opening Montage; showing flashbacks in a shady blue colour; giving off the effect that something had happened in the past; followed by an interrogation at the Police Station, at which point Ford's character argued back and said that he knew who the real murderer...


Another film that inspired me when I worked on my Film Opening was 1935 Hitchcock Thriller 'The 39 Steps' - based on the book going by the same name - which starred actors Robert Donay & Madeleine Carroll; showing a story in which a Canadian (Donay) is a witness to Gunfire at the London Music Hall, leading him a Wild Goose Chase with only one thing to help him on the way - 'The 39 Steps' - but he doesn't have a clue as to what it means...

This film helped give me the idea of the flashback sequence; soon to be edited in the style of 'The Fugitive'.


Finally; the third film I looked at when I worked of the script for my piece was the 2009 Full On Thriller 'Angels & Demons', starring Tom Hanks & Ewan McGregor.

The story begins with the apparent death of the Pope of Rome, and a replacement is searched for in Vatican City; meanwhile Robert Langdon (Hanks) is searching for the four cardinals, who are soon to be victims of murder...

This film gave me the idea of what kind of scope I wanted 'TimeOut' to have; making it seemed rather large, with everyone realising that someone is missing, and is likely to be killed at any time soon...


No comments:

Post a Comment